Three Bean Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1. In a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine beans; set aside. In a skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink. Remove from the heat; drain. Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet; mix well. Stir beef mixture into beans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 267 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 729 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Three Bean Casserole
"Have not yet had chance to make. Sounds terrific for winter time."
"I make almost the same recipe, only with butter beans and undrained pork and beans instead of the lima and garbanzo beans. We also use 3/4 cup sugar...and my results are always on the sweet side. I am glad to see that one of my favorite recipes is actually pretty healthy!"
"This dish has a lot of tang and zip. A little bit too much for our liking. More on the sour side of sweet and sour."