- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- In a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine beans; set aside. In a skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink. Remove from the heat; drain. Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet; mix well. Stir beef mixture into beans.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forThree Bean Casserole
"Have not yet had chance to make. Sounds terrific for winter time."
"This dish has a lot of tang and zip. A little bit too much for our liking. More on the sour side of sweet and sour."