Three Bean Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- In a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine beans; set aside. In a skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink. Remove from the heat; drain. Add all the remaining ingredients to skillet; mix well. Stir beef mixture into beans.
- Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Three Bean Casserole(3)
Sort By :
I added pepper flakes because I like things spicy. My granddaughters ate it without. It was gone in 10 minutes.
I make almost the same recipe, only with butter beans and undrained pork and beans instead of the lima and garbanzo beans. We also use 3/4 cup sugar...and my results are always on the sweet side. I am glad to see that one of my favorite recipes is actually pretty healthy!
This dish has a lot of tang and zip. A little bit too much for our liking. More on the sour side of sweet and sour.
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Recipes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >