Kidney beans, black beans and garbanzo beans deliciously combine in this hearty salad.—Pat Miller, North Fork, California
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup honey Dijon salad dressing
- In a saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Stir in barley. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 11-13 minutes or until barley is tender and liquid is absorbed. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer barley to a serving bowl. Add the beans and onions. Pour dressing over top; gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Three-Bean Barley Salad in Country Woman May/June 2002, p35
Reviews for Three-Bean Barley Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review