Three-Bean Baked Beans Recipe
I got this recipe from an aunt and made a couple of changes to suit our tastes. With ground beef and bacon mixed in, these satisfying beans are a big hit at backyard barbecues and church picnics. I'm always asked to bring my "special" beans. -Julie Currington, Gahanna, Ohio
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 5 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat, brown beef, bacon and onion; drain. Add beans. Combine remaining ingredients; stir into bean mixture.
- 2. Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until beans reach desired thickness. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 230 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 631 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC