- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 5 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat, brown beef, bacon and onion; drain. Add beans. Combine remaining ingredients; stir into bean mixture.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until beans reach desired thickness. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Three-Bean Baked Beans
Sort By :
"We absolutely love this recipe! Store bought baked beans haven't tasted anywhere near as good since. The one thing we don't like though is having ground beef in it. It just changes the texture and dynamic of the beans we don't care for it, so we omit that."
"I make this for every summer backyard party....ALWAYS a huge hit. Everyone tells me they're the best baked beans they've ever had. This one is definitely a keeper. We have a big family so I usually double the recipe and use a whole pound of bacon just because it's easier. Other than that I keep everything exactly the same. Love it."
"We had friends over for the 4th of July and I made these beans, What a hit! Everyone loved them and kept asking for seconds. I will definitely make these again. It is a keeper."
"Our family's favorite baked bean recipe!"
"I have been making this recipe for years, ever since it was first issued in Taste of Home. I don't do anything different, it's perfect as is. I am always asked to bring these beans to potlucks.Thank you Julie Currington for submitting your recipe!"