Three-Bean Baked Beans Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 5 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat, brown beef, bacon and onion; drain. Add beans. Combine remaining ingredients; stir into bean mixture.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until beans reach desired thickness. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Three-Bean Baked Beans(8)
Sort By :
I have been making this recipe for years, ever since it was first issued in Taste of Home. I don't do anything different, it's perfect as is. I am always asked to bring these beans to potlucks.
Thank you Julie Currington for submitting your recipe!
Very good and easy to make. A winner in my family.
This is so easy to make and my family loves it. This one to keep on file for that next picnic or that next dish to pass party.
My family simply loves this recipe. We call it "Dad's Beans" and the whole family looks forward to it. The next time I make it I am going to double the recipe, but for the second cans of butter and kidney beans, I am going to substitute Pinto and Black beans. I cook them in my big bean pot, in the oven at about 200-250 with the lid on for 3-4 hours and they never fail. I will let you know how the 5 bean variant comes out.
These are delicious beans that my family begs for!! I do make 1 substitution though: I replaced the butter beans with black beans because I don't like butter beans and my family loves the black!! Besides that, I follow recipe and the result is great!!