- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 5 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat, brown beef, bacon and onion; drain. Add beans. Combine remaining ingredients; stir into bean mixture.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until beans reach desired thickness. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Three-Bean Baked Beans
Sort By :
"Family and Friends empties out the entire Pan of these wonderful Beans. I felt that the recipe was right on. I did leave out the white sugar. Next time I'd add a can of Black Beans. Just for color. Perfect one to make the day before * Hardest thing was opening up the cans *JanieTaste of Home FE Volunteer ."
"We like our food a bit more spicy, so I put in a heaping teaspoon of chili powder and it was perfect!"
"My husband likes these baked beans. It freezes well."
"We absolutely love this recipe! Store bought baked beans haven't tasted anywhere near as good since. The one thing we don't like though is having ground beef in it. It just changes the texture and dynamic of the beans we don't care for it, so we omit that."
"I make this for every summer backyard party....ALWAYS a huge hit. Everyone tells me they're the best baked beans they've ever had. This one is definitely a keeper. We have a big family so I usually double the recipe and use a whole pound of bacon just because it's easier. Other than that I keep everything exactly the same. Love it."