- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 5 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat, brown beef, bacon and onion; drain. Add beans. Combine remaining ingredients; stir into bean mixture.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until beans reach desired thickness. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Three-Bean Baked Beans
Sort By :
"I don't even remember how many years ago I found this recipe from Taste of Home. I've been making it for our family as well as others for a long time. This is always a hit and people ask me for the recipe. I either bake it in the oven or put all the ingredients in a crock pot and let it cook all day. I have served it with white rice and shredded cheddar cheese or with tortillas, sour cream, Mexican shredded cheese, topped with diced tomatoes. Either way, this is such an easy and nutritious meal!"
"Family and Friends empties out the entire Pan of these wonderful Beans. I felt that the recipe was right on. I did leave out the white sugar. Next time I'd add a can of Black Beans. Just for color. Perfect one to make the day before * Hardest thing was opening up the cans *JanieTaste of Home FE Volunteer ."
"We like our food a bit more spicy, so I put in a heaping teaspoon of chili powder and it was perfect!"
"My husband likes these baked beans. It freezes well."
"We absolutely love this recipe! Store bought baked beans haven't tasted anywhere near as good since. The one thing we don't like though is having ground beef in it. It just changes the texture and dynamic of the beans we don't care for it, so we omit that."