Three-Bean Baked Beans Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 5 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat, brown beef, bacon and onion; drain. Add beans. Combine remaining ingredients; stir into bean mixture.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until beans reach desired thickness. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Three-Bean Baked Beans
Sort By :
I make this for every summer backyard party....ALWAYS a huge hit. Everyone tells me they're the best baked beans they've ever had. This one is definitely a keeper. We have a big family so I usually double the recipe and use a whole pound of bacon just because it's easier. Other than that I keep everything exactly the same. Love it.
We had friends over for the 4th of July and I made these beans, What a hit! Everyone loved them and kept asking for seconds. I will definitely make these again. It is a keeper.
Our family's favorite baked bean recipe!
I have been making this recipe for years, ever since it was first issued in Taste of Home. I don't do anything different, it's perfect as is. I am always asked to bring these beans to potlucks.
Thank you Julie Currington for submitting your recipe!
Very good and easy to make. A winner in my family.