Three-Bean Bake Recipe
Being big eaters, my three sons love this recipe that I created. Leftovers can be used as a taco filling or a topping for baked potatoes.—Meredith Mabe, Columbus, Indiana
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In an ovenproof Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and red pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until heated through, stirring once. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 291 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 690 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Three-Bean Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC