This comforting homemade dressing is chock-full of tasty ingredients, including chopped onion, celery and hard-cooked eggs. It's a delightful topping for any crisp green salad. —Kim Orr, West Grove, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 19 Reuben Recipes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 4-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Salad greens
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with salad greens. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Thousand Island Salad Dressing in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p35
Reviews for Thousand Island Salad Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2012
"So good on taco salad!"
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2011
"I left out the paprika and it was delicious. My husband prefers a sweeter version though, so I will be making one with sweet pickle relish from now on."