This comforting homemade dressing is chock-full of tasty ingredients, including chopped onion, celery and hard-cooked eggs. It's a delightful topping for any crisp green salad. —Kim Orr, West Grove, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 4-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Salad greens
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with salad greens. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Thousand Island Salad Dressing in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p35
Reviews for Thousand Island Salad Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2012
"So good on taco salad!"
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2011
"I left out the paprika and it was delicious. My husband prefers a sweeter version though, so I will be making one with sweet pickle relish from now on."