This 'n' That Salad
"While entertaining one night, I threw together this crunchy vegetable salad with items I had on hand," notes Annette Marie Young of West Lafayette, Indiana. "My dinner guests loved it, and my mother even asked me to write down the recipe for her."
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole baby corn, rinsed, drained and halved or 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl,
- combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing, salt and pepper. Pour over
- vegetable mixture and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 2
- hours. Serve on lettuce-lined plates; garnish with eggs and
- tomatoes. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 259 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.