"While entertaining one night, I threw together this crunchy vegetable salad with items I had on hand," notes Annette Marie Young of West Lafayette, Indiana. "My dinner guests loved it, and my mother even asked me to write down the recipe for her."
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole baby corn, rinsed, drained and halved or 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetable mixture and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve on lettuce-lined plates; garnish with eggs and tomatoes. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as This 'N' That Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p46
Reviews for This 'n' That Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review