Thirst-Quenching Limeade Recipe
This is the perfect drink to quench the thirst on hot summer days. The combination of lemon and lime is perfect!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:7 servings
- 5-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 3/4 cup lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Ice cubes
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1-1/2 cups water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Transfer to a 2-qt. pitcher. Stir in juices and peels. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Stir in remaining water. Serve over ice. Yield: 7 servings (1-3/4 quarts).
1 cup equals 152 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC