This is the perfect drink to quench the thirst on hot summer days. The combination of lemon and lime is perfect!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
7 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 5-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 3/4 cup lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Ice cubes
- In a large saucepan, bring 1-1/2 cups water and sugar to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Cool to room
- Transfer to a 2-qt. pitcher. Stir in juices and peels. Cover and
- refrigerate at least 1 hour. Stir in remaining water. Serve over
- ice. Yield: 7 servings (1-3/4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 152 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.