- 5-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 3/4 cup lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Ice cubes
- In a large saucepan, bring 1-1/2 cups water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. pitcher. Stir in juices and peels. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Stir in remaining water. Serve over ice. Yield: 7 servings (1-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Thirst-Quenching Limeade
Sort By :
"Our family loved this! It became our go-to drink for all our barbecues last summer. It was the perfect thirst quencher after a bike ride or just sitting on the deck!"
"I've been looking for a good lemonade recipe and came across this. I love the lime in it and it has just the right amount of sugar. I will definitely be makin gthis again."
"This was the best Limeade I've ever had! It was just the right amount of sweet verses sour. Would TOTALLY make it again!"