Thin Crust Pizza Dough
My family love this pizza crust, and this is our go-to recipe. It's healthier and less expensive than delivery and taste so much better.
32 ServingsPrep: 10 min.+ standing
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 5 teaspoons quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1-1/2 to 1-2/3 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- Place flours, yeast and salt in a food processor; pulse until
- blended. Add honey. While processing, gradually add water until a
- ball forms. Continue processing 60 seconds to knead dough.
- Turn dough onto floured surface; shape into a ball. Cover; let rest
- 10 minutes. Divide dough into quarters. Use immediately or securely
- wrap and freeze for later use. Yield: 2 pounds (enough for 4
To make pizza: Preheat oven to 450°. Grease a 12-in. pizza pan; sprinkle with cornmeal. On a lightly floured surface, stretch and shape one portion of dough to form a 12-in. crust; transfer to prepared pan. Top as desired. Bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. If using frozen dough, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Proceed as directed.
Nutritional Facts: 1 ounce uncooked dough equals 59 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 89 mg sodium,