Thin Crust Pizza Dough Recipe
My family love this pizza crust, and this is our go-to recipe. It's healthier and less expensive than delivery and taste so much better. —Theresa Rohde, Scottville, Michigan
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 5 teaspoons quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1-1/2 to 1-2/3 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1. Place flours, yeast and salt in a food processor; pulse until blended. Add honey. While processing, gradually add water until a ball forms. Continue processing 60 seconds to knead dough.
- 2. Turn dough onto floured surface; shape into a ball. Cover; let rest 10 minutes. Divide dough into quarters. Use immediately or securely wrap and freeze for later use.
- 3. Freeze option:Wrap each portion of dough in plastic wrap and place in resealable freezer bags; freeze up to 1 month. To use, If using frozen dough, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Proceed as directed. Yield: 2 pounds (enough for 4 pizzas).
1 ounce uncooked dough equals 59 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC