Thick Turkey Bean Chili Recipe
"When our daughters wouldn't eat the spicy chili beans I prepared, I came up with this milder, slightly sweet version," notes Keri Scofield Lawson of Fullerton, California. "They love eating the hearty chili as a dip with tortilla chips. I never have leftovers."
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, brown the turkey until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, sloppy joe sauce, tomatoes, brown sugar and seasonings. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 213 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 680 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Thick Turkey Bean Chili
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC