Thick Turkey Bean Chili
"When our daughters wouldn't eat the spicy chili beans I prepared, I came up with this milder, slightly sweet version," notes Keri Scofield Lawson of Fullerton, California. "They love eating the hearty chili as a dip with tortilla chips. I never have leftovers."
8-10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips, optional
- In a large saucepan, brown the turkey until meat is no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the beans, sloppy joe sauce, tomatoes, brown sugar
- and seasonings. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until heated
- through. Serve with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips if
- desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 213 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 680 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 13 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now