"When our daughters wouldn't eat the spicy chili beans I prepared, I came up with this milder, slightly sweet version," notes Keri Scofield Lawson of Fullerton, California. "They love eating the hearty chili as a dip with tortilla chips. I never have leftovers."
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips, optional
- In a large saucepan, brown the turkey until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, sloppy joe sauce, tomatoes, brown sugar and seasonings. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Thick Turkey Bean Chili in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p40
Reviews for Thick Turkey Bean Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review