Thick Peachy Milk Shakes
For an elegant warm-weather dessert, I serve these milkshakes in chilled champagne flutes. My no-fuss recipe is a wonderful way to use up fresh peaches.Ilka Ingleton, Oshawa, Ontario
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup cold 2% milk
- 1/4 cup peach nectar or orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- In a blender, combine the milk, peach nectar, honey and peaches;
- cover and process until smooth. Add ice cream; cover and process 30
- seconds longer or until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve
- immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 279 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.