Thick Beef Stew
For a real meat-and-potatoes meal, Heidee uses the mixture to prepare this comforting stew that's sure to satisfy the heartiest of appetites.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 portion Triple-Batch Beef, thawed
- 3 medium red potatoes, quartered and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, combine the beef, potatoes, water, oregano and
- salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15
- minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add peas; heat through.
- Combine cornstarch and lemon juice until smooth; gradually add to
- beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened and bubbly. Yield: 3 servings.
Editor's Note: 2 cups of cubed cooked beef and 1/2 cup beef broth may be substituted.