For a real meat-and-potatoes meal, Heidee uses the mixture to prepare this comforting stew that's sure to satisfy the heartiest of appetites.
- 1 portion Triple-Batch Beef, thawed
- 3 medium red potatoes, quartered and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, combine the beef, potatoes, water, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add peas; heat through.
- Combine cornstarch and lemon juice until smooth; gradually add to beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Thick Beef Stew in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p14
Reviews for Thick Beef Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2015
"Another good substitute is the 2 cups of stew meat with a 1/2 cup of dark beer and a tablespoon of soup base."
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2012
"Our family loves it!!"
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2011
"Is the triple batch beef from the 50+ friends cookbook? If not, it would be nice to tell the reader what it is."