Thick Banana Shakes
I love bananas and these shakes are the best. Though we're stationed overseas, I've fed my two young kids these made-in-moments drinks since they were babies. Pop them into the freezer for a few minutes if you like them thicker. Or try different flavors using chocolate or strawberry ice cream. -Martha Miller, Camp Zama, Japan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon banana extract
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process until
- smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 373 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.