Thick and Creamy French Dressing
This dressing is an excellent salad topper that is thick and well-seasoned. It goes great with a variety of salad greens. —Ruth Ann Stelfox, Raymond, Alberta
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup canola oil
- Salad greens, tomato wedges and cucumber slices or vegetables of your choice
- In a blender, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, vinegar, sugar, onion,
- salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. While processing,
- gradually add oil in a steady stream. Serve with salad. Refrigerate
- leftover dressing. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 163 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.