Thick 'n' Hearty Pasta Sauce
No one can believe this starts with prepared spaghetti sauce. Ground beef, pepperoni, mushrooms and onion easily add a homey, delicious flavor.—Jan Boehringer, Bradford, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 70 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 25 slices pepperoni (about 1-1/2 ounces)
- 1 small onion, chopped, optional
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, pepperoni and onion if
- desired. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until thickened. Serve over
- pasta. Yield: 5 cups.
Thick 'n' Hearty Pasta Sauce can also be made with 1/2 pound Italian sausage instead of the pepperoni. Brown it along with the beer.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now