- 1 pound ground beef
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 25 slices pepperoni (about 1-1/2 ounces)
- 1 small onion, chopped, optional
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, pepperoni and onion if desired. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until thickened. Serve over pasta. Yield: 5 cups.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now