Thick 'n' Hearty Pasta Sauce Recipe
No one can believe this starts with prepared spaghetti sauce. Ground beef, pepperoni, mushrooms and onion easily add a homey, delicious flavor.Jan Boehringer, Bradford, Ohio
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 25 slices pepperoni (about 1-1/2 ounces)
- 1 small onion, chopped, optional
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, pepperoni and onion if desired. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until thickened. Serve over pasta. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Thick N Hearty Pasta Sauce in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p310
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Thick 'n' Hearty Pasta Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review