Thelma's Chocolate Eclair Recipe
- 18 whole graham crackers
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. dish with nine whole graham crackers; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in whipped topping. Spread over graham crackers. Top with remaining crackers.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Spread over graham cracker layer. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Thelma's Chocolate Eclair(5)
Sort By :
This recipe has been a favorite for years. I have made it often for bbq's and it is always a crowd pleaser.
I prefer to add another layer of graham cracker. Friends and family love it! One of these days I'm going to get creative and change out the flavors. This is always good!
I have made this desert many times. Unfortunately, my recipe apparently grew feet because I cannot locate it. This is the closest to my own. Thanks for sharing!
This recipe is delicious & so easy!! My kids love it & I always seve it when they are home from college. Just be sure to let it refrigerate overnight or the crackers will not be soft.
Loved this! Easy to make summer recipe. Might try it w/ banana pudding and an extra layer of chocolate next time!