Thelma's Chocolate Eclair Recipe
I love eclairs but making the actual pastry is difficult so I came up with this recipe as a substitute. It still satisfies my cravings with the same wonderful flavors.—Thelma Beam, Esbon, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:12-15 servings
- 18 whole graham crackers
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. dish with nine whole graham crackers; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in whipped topping. Spread over graham crackers. Top with remaining crackers.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Spread over graham cracker layer. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 238 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC