I love eclairs but making the actual pastry is difficult so I came up with this recipe as a substitute. It still satisfies my cravings with the same wonderful flavors.—Thelma Beam, Esbon, Kansas
- 18 whole graham crackers
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. dish with nine whole graham crackers; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in whipped topping. Spread over graham crackers. Top with remaining crackers.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Spread over graham cracker layer. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Thelma's Chocolate Eclair in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p93
Reviews for Thelma's Chocolate Eclair
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review