- 18 whole graham crackers
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. dish with nine whole graham crackers; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in whipped topping. Spread over graham crackers. Top with remaining crackers.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Spread over graham cracker layer. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Thelma's Chocolate Eclair
"To laughingloudly...The third instruction says "Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave and stir in the remaining ingredients." The things you mentioned are the 'remaining ingredients.' Good luck!"
"What do you do with these ingredients? Am I missing something in the instructions?1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar3 tablespoons milk1 teaspoon vanilla extract1 teaspoon light corn syrup"
"This was very good and so easy to make. Held up good in the heat outside although was kept in cooler until serving time. Will make again."
"Started to make this, discovered I was short one box of vanilla pudding, so used what I had, 1 vanilla,1 chocolate. My husband loved it! Can't wait to make it again for the rest of the family, especially the grandkids. Truly a simple, tasty treat."
"We like this a lot. Usually use French vanilla and do layers; crackers, pudding, crackers, pudding, crackers and topping. We take a tub of choc icing and microwave it for about 30 sec. Stir well and pour over top of the crackers. It sets up after being refrigerated overnight. It is one of my family's favorites."
"I have been making this for years. I usually use French vanilla pudding mix rather than just vanilla. It gives it a richer flavor. Now my granddaughter is making it."
"This recipe has been around for a VERY long time.....still good today!"
"I made this for our family's Christmas celebration this year. It is very easy and quick to put together. It does require 8 hours to overnight of refrigeration, so plan accordingly. I lightly sprinkled the top with Wilton's Peppermint Crunch Sprinkles to give it a Christmas look, which flavored it nicely. I also added an additional layer of graham crackers to the center. It's a yummy recipe, one to keep handy to enjoy anytime of the year!!!!"
"So good and really easy. I was asked for the recipe."
"This recipe was so good. We had to force ourselves to stop eating it. Light, refreshing, tasted like an éclair but with more yummy cream. My 18 yr old son wants this for his birthday cake. Thanks for an easy, quick delicious recipe."