Thelma's Chocolate Eclair Recipe
- 18 whole graham crackers
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. dish with nine whole graham crackers; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in whipped topping. Spread over graham crackers. Top with remaining crackers.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Spread over graham cracker layer. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Thelma's Chocolate Eclair(8)
Sort By :
So good and really easy. I was asked for the recipe.
This recipe was so good. We had to force ourselves to stop eating it. Light, refreshing, tasted like an éclair but with more yummy cream. My 18 yr old son wants this for his birthday cake. Thanks for an easy, quick delicious recipe.
Thanks for sharing---this was always a staple at family get togethers, when we were growing up. Over 30 years+ and it is still good! It used to be known as Mock Eclair.
This recipe has been a favorite for years. I have made it often for bbq's and it is always a crowd pleaser.
I prefer to add another layer of graham cracker. Friends and family love it! One of these days I'm going to get creative and change out the flavors. This is always good!