- 14 to 15 whole graham crackers
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 13x9-in. dish with half of the graham crackers, breaking crackers to fit as needed.
- Whisk milk and pudding mixes 2 minutes; let stand until soft-set, about 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping; spread evenly over crackers. Top with remaining crackers.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate and butter until melted; stir until blended. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spread over top. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forThelma's Chocolate Eclair
"Ladies and Gentlemen, we've got A WINNER!I tried this last night. I made it exactly like the recipe (French Vanilla Pudding) and only got it into the fridge at 12:30 p.m.. Then took it at 6:00 to a Home Depot DoItHerself workshop. I can't tell you how pleased I was with this recipe! I had in excess of 30 people come up to me and rave about it, wanting the recipe and saying that it was delicious, fabulous, wonderful, the best thing I ever put in my mouth, fantastic, exquisite, incredibly good, etc. Even the man giving part of the demo wanted it …right now! and he whipped out his phone and I talked him through and he found and saved the recipe for this Absolute Delight! He said he was making this today, Friday, while his kids are in school. Thank you for so kindly sharing this great recipe, Thelma.I am making it again Sunday - will chill overnight this time - and take it to a potluck dinner Monday night and knock their socks off, too! I find the greatest recipes on this site!!!! You guys ROCK!"
"I made this the other day for a ladies get-together. While it was easy enough, there was nothing that said WOW to my tastebuds. I would just rate this average. Made exactly according to recipe."
"some ppl really should not b in a kitchen or even cooking"
"To laughingloudly...The third instruction says "Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave and stir in the remaining ingredients." The things you mentioned are the 'remaining ingredients.' Good luck!"
"What do you do with these ingredients? Am I missing something in the instructions?1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar3 tablespoons milk1 teaspoon vanilla extract1 teaspoon light corn syrup"
"This was very good and so easy to make. Held up good in the heat outside although was kept in cooler until serving time. Will make again."
"Started to make this, discovered I was short one box of vanilla pudding, so used what I had, 1 vanilla,1 chocolate. My husband loved it! Can't wait to make it again for the rest of the family, especially the grandkids. Truly a simple, tasty treat."
"We like this a lot. Usually use French vanilla and do layers; crackers, pudding, crackers, pudding, crackers and topping. We take a tub of choc icing and microwave it for about 30 sec. Stir well and pour over top of the crackers. It sets up after being refrigerated overnight. It is one of my family's favorites."
"I have been making this for years. I usually use French vanilla pudding mix rather than just vanilla. It gives it a richer flavor. Now my granddaughter is making it."