- 18 whole graham crackers
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. dish with nine whole graham crackers; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in whipped topping. Spread over graham crackers. Top with remaining crackers.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Spread over graham cracker layer. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Thelma's Chocolate Eclair
"I made this for our family's Christmas celebration this year. It is very easy and quick to put together. It does require 8 hours to overnight of refrigeration, so plan accordingly. I lightly sprinkled the top with Wilton's Peppermint Crunch Sprinkles to give it a Christmas look, which flavored it nicely. I also added an additional layer of graham crackers to the center. It's a yummy recipe, one to keep handy to enjoy anytime of the year!!!!"
"So good and really easy. I was asked for the recipe."
"This recipe was so good. We had to force ourselves to stop eating it. Light, refreshing, tasted like an éclair but with more yummy cream. My 18 yr old son wants this for his birthday cake. Thanks for an easy, quick delicious recipe."
"Thanks for sharing---this was always a staple at family get togethers, when we were growing up. Over 30 years+ and it is still good! It used to be known as Mock Eclair."
"This recipe has been a favorite for years. I have made it often for bbq's and it is always a crowd pleaser."