The Ultimate Grilled Cheese
These gooey grilled cheese sandwiches, subtly seasoned with garlic, taste great for lunch with sliced apples. And they're really fast to whip up, too. To save seconds, I soften the cream cheese in the microwave, then blend it with the rest of the ingredients in the same bowl. That makes cleanup a breeze.
-Kathy Norris, Streator, Illinois
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 10 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir
- in the cheeses, garlic powder and seasoned salt. Spread five slices
- of bread with the cheese mixture, about 1/3 cup on each. Top with
- remaining bread.
- Butter the outsides of sandwiches. In a skillet over medium heat,
- toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bread is
- lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 646 calories, 50 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 885 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.