- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 10 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the cheeses, garlic powder and seasoned salt. Spread five slices of bread with the cheese mixture, about 1/3 cup on each. Top with remaining bread.
- Butter the outsides of sandwiches. In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for The Ultimate Grilled Cheese
"I've always added a sprinkle of garlic powder of my grilled cheese! Great!"
"This was the Ultimate disappointment. Most God awful grilled cheese ever. I think 1 star is too many."
"This is delicious! I wouldn't say the mayo is overwhelming."
"Just ok. Way too much mayo taste for us. Inspiration for trying different cheese blends for grilled cheese though."
"Both my daughter and I thought this looked delicous. She tried it and said she didn't like the overwhelming mayonnaise taste, couldn't taste the cheese. I tried it and we agreed with her. Both of us are tossing this recipe. BTW, it isn't even worth 1 star."
"Way too rich and fat laden. Stroke on a plate. Family didn't care for them."
"My sons love this version of grilled cheese. I like to add a couple of slices of cooked bacon to the sandwich."
"I can't wait to try this recipe but I have a question. Do I use miracle whip or real Mayo?"
"A good deliciously different grilled cheese. I think it would also be good to make it hardier by adding ham!"