- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 10 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the cheeses, garlic powder and seasoned salt. Spread five slices of bread with the cheese mixture, about 1/3 cup on each. Top with remaining bread.
- Butter the outsides of sandwiches. In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for The Ultimate Grilled Cheese
"Just ok. Way too much mayo taste for us. Inspiration for trying different cheese blends for grilled cheese though."
"Both my daughter and I thought this looked delicous. She tried it and said she didn't like the overwhelming mayonnaise taste, couldn't taste the cheese. I tried it and we agreed with her. Both of us are tossing this recipe. BTW, it isn't even worth 1 star."
"Way too rich and fat laden. Stroke on a plate. Family didn't care for them."
"My sons love this version of grilled cheese. I like to add a couple of slices of cooked bacon to the sandwich."
"I can't wait to try this recipe but I have a question. Do I use miracle whip or real Mayo?"
"A good deliciously different grilled cheese. I think it would also be good to make it hardier by adding ham!"
"These were so delicious! I made them on a whim so I only had regular white bread and they were still wonderful!"
"The whole family loves it. I just use a little less mayo."
"This was too rich for my taste. The mayo overwhelmed the flavor and I guess that's not what I want to taste in a grilled cheese. Maybe reducing or using sour cream would be better. For as much filling as this made, I could have easily doubled the amount of bread. The sandwiches were so overstuffed, maybe it was the size of my loaf, but that could be another reason they seemed too rich for me. But I love the idea of cream cheese and multiple cheeses for a grilled cheese."