- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 14 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ORANGE SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- Confectioners' sugar
- Pour butter into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; top with bread. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, orange juice, milk, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Turn slices over. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for syrup, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, sugar and orange juice concentrate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until hot and bubbly, stirring once. Serve with French toast; dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 7 servings (1-1/4 cups syrup).
Originally published as The Queen's French Toast in Country June/July 2010, p52
Reviews for The Queen's French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review