The Perfect Hamburger Recipe
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Sliced tomato, onion, pickles and condiments, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine egg and seasonings. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with toppings if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger equals 321 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 758 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for The Perfect Hamburger
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.