The Perfect Hamburger Recipe
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Sliced tomato, onion, pickles and condiments, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine egg and seasonings. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with toppings if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 321 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 758mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for The Perfect Hamburger
"These were so awesome, I didn't add the horseradish though. The chili sauce gave it such a spicy sweet flavour, and broiling them worked great!"
"These were really good. I was a little wary about the horseradish sauce, but they turned out great."
"I use this recipe for many cookouts. Everyone constantly raves about these hamburgers. The only changes I make is I use 3 pounds hamburger but only double the rest of the ingredients. Also I add 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke. Fantastic!"
"This combination sounds wonderful! I have used horseradish in my hamburgers quite often, but not with the chili sauce. TO SUNGOLD ~~~ Horseradish goes with any meat!! As a disclaimer, DO NOT put it in your infant's formula!! I'm sure the only spices you use are salt and pepper!!"
"I have not tried this burger but the ingredients sound like they would go good together. My comment is, generally speaking, if you add a small amt. of brown sugar to your burger mix, it tastes very good."
"Too spicy for me and the kids. My husband said they were okay."
"Delicious is all is all I can say!!"
"Re: The Perfect HamburgerI plan to try this recipe this weekend with only one change. I will try replacing the chili sauce with BBQ sauce. Hope it works out or I'll be in for some "not so good" reviews from those whom I will be using as "guinea pigs"."
"Made these for the hoilday. They were quite tasty. I made up the patties early in the day so the flavors had time to meld. Topped them with slices of cheddar, bacon and lettuce."
"I'm sorry, but horseradish mixed with hamburger meat just seems wrong. I'm OK with the other ingredients."
"We tried these last night and were disappointed. The meat was too mushy and there wasn't much taste."
"I am from australia and like a true blue aussie burger. ground beef, onion, egg, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and beetroot on a bun that has been buttered oh and dont forget the bbq sauce. now that is what I call a burger. Its amazing what different tastes we have"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.