The King's Crowned Filets Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash salt
- Dash dried thyme
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; shape into four ovals. Place on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Sprinkle steaks with steak seasoning. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Place a butter piece on each steak. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for The King's Crowned Filets(2)
Sort By :
I loved this! I served it with grilled asparagus, rolls, and That Good Salad (recipe on TOH) and it was a fantastic meal that I'm sure will become a go-to for company. I did use 5 oz beef tenderloin filets wrapped with bacon, since it was what I had.
Yummy! It was a great Valentine's Day treat.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >