The Elvis Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 2 cups peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter cup pieces, softened
- 8 slices banana bread
- 4 ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon strips, halved
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1. In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- 2. Spread ice cream over half of the bread slices. Top with bacon; drizzle with melted chips and honey. Top with remaining bread. Wrap in plastic wrap; freeze on a baking sheet at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
1 ice cream sandwich: 824 calories, 46g fat (18g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 569mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for The Elvis Ice Cream Sandwich
"This was to die for! I used Ben and Jerry's peanut butter cup Ice cream and honey peanut butter instead of melting the chips! YUMMY!!!!!!"