The Elvis Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Hearken back to the days of the King of Rock and Roll with this creamy concoction that combines peanut butter, bananas and bacon. —Steven Schend, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 2 cups peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter cup pieces, softened
- 8 slices banana bread
- 4 ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon strips, halved
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1. In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- 2. Spread ice cream over half of the bread slices. Top with bacon; drizzle with melted chips and honey. Top with remaining bread. Wrap in plastic wrap; freeze on a baking sheet at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
1 ice cream sandwich equals 824 calories, 46 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 569 mg sodium, 82 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for The Elvis Ice Cream Sandwich
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC