The Elvis Ice Cream Sandwich
Hearken back to the days of the King of Rock and Roll with this creamy concoction that combines peanut butter, bananas and bacon. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 2 cups peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter cup pieces, softened
- 8 slices banana bread
- 4 strips ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, halved
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool
- Spread ice cream over half of the bread slices. Top with bacon;
- drizzle with melted chips and honey. Top with remaining bread. Wrap
- in plastic wrap; freeze on a baking sheet at least 1 hour. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 ice cream sandwich equals 824 calories, 46 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 569 mg sodium, 82 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.