The Elvis Ice Cream Sandwich
Hearken back to the days of the King of Rock and Roll with this creamy concoction that combines peanut butter, bananas and bacon.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 2 cups peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter cup pieces, softened
- 8 slices banana bread
- 4 strips ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, halved
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool
- Spread ice cream over half of the bread slices. Top with bacon;
- drizzle with melted chips and honey. Top with remaining bread. Wrap
- in plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 ice cream sandwich equals 824 calories, 46 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 569 mg sodium, 82 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.