Hearken back to the days of the King of Rock and Roll with this creamy concoction that combines peanut butter, bananas and bacon. —Steven Schend, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 2 cups peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter cup pieces, softened
- 8 slices banana bread
- 4 ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon strips, halved
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Spread ice cream over half of the bread slices. Top with bacon; drizzle with melted chips and honey. Top with remaining bread. Wrap in plastic wrap; freeze on a baking sheet at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as The Elvis Ice Cream Sandwich in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p47
Reviews for The Elvis Ice Cream Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2015
"This was to die for! I used Ben and Jerry's peanut butter cup Ice cream and honey peanut butter instead of melting the chips! YUMMY!!!!!!"
Reviewed Mar. 20, 2013
"I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that wants nothing to do with this recipe...."