- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 2 cups peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter cup pieces, softened
- 8 slices banana bread
- 4 strips ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, halved
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Spread ice cream over half of the bread slices. Top with bacon; drizzle with melted chips and honey. Top with remaining bread. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as The Elvis Ice Cream Sandwich in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p47
Reviews for The Elvis Ice Cream Sandwich(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 20, 2013
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that wants nothing to do with this recipe....