The Bistro Baked Potato Recipe
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- 2. Sprinkle steak with pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3. Place tomatoes in a grill wok or basket. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-4 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften. Keep warm.
- 4. In a large saucepan, heat artichokes and garlic over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add mayonnaise and 1/2 cup cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Stir in spinach and heat through.
- 5. With a sharp knife, cut an "X" in each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Slice steak into thin strips. Top potatoes with steak, artichoke sauce and tomatoes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 stuffed potato equals 904 calories, 47 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 994 mg sodium, 84 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Reviews for The Bistro Baked Potato
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.