The Best Salsa
This salsa is easy to make, and it's flavorful but not too spicy. I always get requests for this when we offer to bring a dish to a party. At a recent event, my husband caught a woman eating it out of the bowl with a spoon!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup canned drained diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 4 teaspoons canned chopped green chilies
- 4 teaspoons chopped pitted ripe olives
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; chill until serving. Serve
- with tortilla chips. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 24 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.