That's Amore Lettuce Wedge Recipe
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. In a bowl, combine the garlic, mayonnaise, tomatoes, tomato puree, vinegar, salt, cayenne and pepper. Cut lettuce into eight wedges; drizzle with desired amount of dressing. Sprinkle with walnuts. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 cups dressing).
1 slice: 419 calories, 43g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for That's Amore Lettuce Wedge
"I tried the diced fresh tomatoes and, as I thought it would, it made a tremendous difference. What was simply a good recipe is now definitely top notch! Even though the recipe makes a lot of dressing, you can keep the remainder in the fridge to use again on other tossed salads. I would now rate it 5 stars, but the site won't let me."
"Easy, good dressing, except that next time I think I'll use diced fresh tomatoes rather than the stewed or canned diced for a fresher, better taste. Otherwise, really nice!"