That's Amore Lettuce Wedge Recipe
This isn’t your ordinary dinner salad—the lettuce wedges truly come to life when you drizzle on the romesco sauce. Freshly minced garlic and cayenne pepper shoot bursts of flavor through the dressing, and walnuts add a pleasing crunch.
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. In a bowl, combine the garlic, mayonnaise, tomatoes, tomato puree, vinegar, salt, cayenne and pepper. Cut lettuce into eight wedges; drizzle with desired amount of dressing. Sprinkle with walnuts. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 cups dressing).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 419 calories, 43 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC