This isn’t your ordinary dinner salad—the lettuce wedges truly come to life when you drizzle on the romesco sauce. Freshly minced garlic and cayenne pepper shoot bursts of flavor through the dressing, and walnuts add a pleasing crunch.
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. In a bowl, combine the garlic, mayonnaise, tomatoes, tomato puree, vinegar, salt, cayenne and pepper. Cut lettuce into eight wedges; drizzle with desired amount of dressing. Sprinkle with walnuts. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 cups dressing).
Originally published as That's Amore Lettuce Wedge in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p21
Reviews for That's Amore Lettuce Wedge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review