That's Amore Lettuce Wedge Recipe
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. In a bowl, combine the garlic, mayonnaise, tomatoes, tomato puree, vinegar, salt, cayenne and pepper. Cut lettuce into eight wedges; drizzle with desired amount of dressing. Sprinkle with walnuts. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 cups dressing).
Reviews for That's Amore Lettuce Wedge(2)
Sort By :
I tried the diced fresh tomatoes and, as I thought it would, it made a tremendous difference. What was simply a good recipe is now definitely top notch! Even though the recipe makes a lot of dressing, you can keep the remainder in the fridge to use again on other tossed salads. I would now rate it 5 stars, but the site won't let me.
Easy, good dressing, except that next time I think I'll use diced fresh tomatoes rather than the stewed or canned diced for a fresher, better taste. Otherwise, really nice!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >