- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 5 ounces pepperoni, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- In a Dutch oven, cook the ground beef, green pepper, carrot, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the spaghetti sauce, pepperoni, wine, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- With a sharp knife, cut an "X" in each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Spoon sauce over potatoes and sprinkle with cheese. Microwave until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for That's Amore Baked Potatoes
Sort By :
Absolutely loved this recipe. It was really easy to make and there was even some for leftovers. I used ground turkey instead of ground beef and it turned out great. Every bite tasted a little different.