- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bunches (1 pound each) romaine, torn
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted, optional
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup Caesar salad croutons
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and shake well. Chill.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the romaine, tomatoes, Swiss cheese, almonds if desired, Parmesan cheese and bacon.
- Shake dressing; pour over salad and toss. Add croutons and serve immediately. Yield: 14 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews for That Good Salad
Sort By :
"Oh, my gosh! This recipe has been requested by my family & friends literally hundreds of times since I first made it the month it was published in TOH! The only thing I change is using bagged prepared salad mixes to save time! We have six kids & all of them ask me to make it for every birthday, graduation or other special occasion as well as it being a favorite answer to the question, "What should we have for supper?" Great for ordinary daily meals as well as special events. Easy to make, too."
"We looooove this salad; I often get recipe requests. I appreciate the advice from the reviewer who said she doubles the cheese when she has to omit the bacon for vegetarians... I tried tonight with friends who don't eat pork, and was happy to see them go for seconds. You just can't go wrong with this salad."
"Out of everything that I make this is my mothers FAVORITE. It does make a lot so use a big salad bowl ya"ll!"
"One of my go-to recipes whenever I'm entertaining a crowd - very good recipe!"
"So good my kids love it so much I make it twice a week"