That Good Salad
When a friend shared this recipe, it had a fancy French name. Our children can never remember it, so they say, "Mom, please make 'that good salad'. Now our friends and neighbors request it for potluck dinners.
Betty Lamb, Orem, Utah
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bunches (1 pound each) romaine, torn
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted, optional
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup Caesar salad croutons
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, lemon juice,
- garlic, salt and pepper; cover and shake well. Chill.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the romaine, tomatoes, Swiss cheese,
- almonds if desired, Parmesan cheese and bacon.
- Shake dressing; pour over salad and toss. Add croutons and serve
- immediately. Yield: 14 servings (1 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 193 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.