Thanksgiving Turkey for Two
“One of the hardest meals to plan is a holiday meal for two,” writes Joyce Kramer of Donalsonville, Georgia. “You want all the smells and feelings of the season, but you don't want leftovers until June! This recipe is the tasty answer.”
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Place turkey in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. In a small bowl, combine the wine, butter, salt, tarragon and
- paprika. Spoon over turkey. Arrange mushrooms around tenderloins.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 170°, basting occasionally with pan drippings. Let stand 5
- minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining pan drippings. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 tenderloin with 2 tablespoons pan drippings equals 260 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 429 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.