Thanksgiving Turkey for Two Recipe
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1. Place turkey in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the wine, butter, salt, tarragon and paprika. Spoon over turkey. Arrange mushrooms around tenderloins.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with pan drippings. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining pan drippings. Yield: 2 servings.
1 tenderloin with 2 tablespoons pan drippings equals 260 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 429 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.