Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds day-old French bread, cubed (27 cups)
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender; add garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a large bowl; add the broth, parsley, sage, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Gently stir in bread cubes until mixed.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through. Yield: about 12 cups.
1 cup: 249 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 1086mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Thanksgiving Stuffing
"This stuffing was a little goopy. The taste is fantastic, though. I'd have to add a lot more bread or cook it longer."
"Zucchini Stuffing: It was the worst stuffing I have ever made. It calls for 1 cup flour and 4 cups bread crumps. Tasted terrible and I followed the recipe. Are you sure it shoudl be a whole cup of flour. Also have a husband who can not have any fat - I need to know the nutritional facts on a recipe so I can make sure he has very little fat (can only have 45 grams a day). Many of your recipes have no nutritional info. Probably won't buy the magazine again. Test your recipes."
"This was excellent - really 'fresh' tasting, not overwhelmed by too many different flavours. The leftovers were just as good, too!"
"I totally agree with roesgen - I myself dislike the smell of garlic intensely. The stuffing is good without it. . . ."
"Recipe is very close to the family recipe that has been handed down to me....but no garlic in mine! Too much garlic in too many recipes! It offends others, and I refuse to use it."
"The only difference between this recipe and the one I use is the garlic..My family asks for it everytime I make turkey!"
"Same as my recipe, except I use 3/4 cup of butter and two 15 oz cans of chicken broth, and 1 and a 1/2 bags of Pepperidge Farm dried bread cubes.lassjo"
"This is the same as my moms! Absolutely delicious! try adding some mushrooms to the onions and celery, very good!"