Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe
"This nicely seasoned stuffing is our favorite for holiday turkeys," reports Denise Goedeken of Platte Center, Nebraska. "It doesn't require a lot of prep time, which I like, and it tastes good whether stuffed in the bird or baked separately."
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds day-old French bread, cubed (27 cups)
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender; add garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a large bowl; add the broth, parsley, sage, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Gently stir in bread cubes until mixed.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through. Yield: about 12 cups.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 249 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 1,086 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC