"This nicely seasoned stuffing is our favorite for holiday turkeys," reports Denise Goedeken of Platte Center, Nebraska. "It doesn't require a lot of prep time, which I like, and it tastes good whether stuffed in the bird or baked separately."
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds day-old French bread, cubed (27 cups)
- In a large skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender;
- add garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a large bowl; add the
- broth, parsley, sage, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Gently
- stir in bread cubes until mixed.
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (dish will be full).
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly
- browned and heated through. Yield: about 12 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 249 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 1,086 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.