Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds day-old French bread, cubed (27 cups)
- In a large skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender; add garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a large bowl; add the broth, parsley, sage, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Gently stir in bread cubes until mixed.
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through. Yield: about 12 cups.
Reviews for Thanksgiving Stuffing(9)
Sort By :
This stuffing was a little goopy. The taste is fantastic, though. I'd have to add a lot more bread or cook it longer.
Zucchini Stuffing: It was the worst stuffing I have ever made. It calls for 1 cup flour and 4 cups bread crumps. Tasted terrible and I followed the recipe. Are you sure it shoudl be a whole cup of flour. Also have a husband who can not have any fat - I need to know the nutritional facts on a recipe so I can make sure he has very little fat (can only have 45 grams a day). Many of your recipes have no nutritional info. Probably won't buy the magazine again. Test your recipes.
This was excellent - really 'fresh' tasting, not overwhelmed by too many different flavours. The leftovers were just as good, too!
I totally agree with roesgen - I myself dislike the smell of garlic intensely. The stuffing is good without it. . . .