Got Thanksgiving Day leftovers? Forget ho-hum turkey sandwiches and try this unique take on pizza instead. Get creative with different variations: use whole berry or jelly cranberry sauce; add dollops of mashed potatoes on top; drizzle with turkey gravy; sprinkle with stuffing or dressing; or try unique pizza crust varieties. —Carla Parker, Anderson, South Carolina
Featured In: Our All-Time Best Pizzas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 medium sweet potato, baked, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in turkey, thyme, sage, salt and pepper.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan or baking sheet. Top with cranberry sauce, turkey mixture, sweet potato, cheeses and cranberries; sprinkle with rosemary. Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Thanksgiving Lover's Pizza in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p119
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Thanksgiving Lover's Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review