“Each of my granddaughters asked for my Thanksgiving and Christmas recipes when they got married,” notes Iola Egle, a field editor from Bella Vista, Arkansas. “Here’s the flavorful, traditional gravy recipe I shared with them, and now with Taste of Home readers.”
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- Turkey giblets and neck bone
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup turkey drippings
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- Pepper to taste
- Place the giblets, neck bone, broth, carrots, celery and shallots in
- a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 1-1/4 hours.
- Strain and discard giblets, neck bone and vegetables; set cooking
- juices aside. In another large saucepan, combine cornstarch and
- water until smooth; stir in the drippings and bouillon until smooth.
- Gradually stir in the reserved cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with pepper.
- Yield: 4 cups.