Thanksgiving Gravy Recipe
“Each of my granddaughters asked for my Thanksgiving and Christmas recipes when they got married,” notes Iola Egle, a field editor from Bella Vista, Arkansas. “Here’s the flavorful, traditional gravy recipe I shared with them, and now with Taste of Home readers.”
- Turkey giblets and neck bone
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup turkey drippings
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- Pepper to taste
- 1. Place the giblets, neck bone, broth, carrots, celery and shallots in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours.
- 2. Strain and discard giblets, neck bone and vegetables; set cooking juices aside. In another large saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir in the drippings and bouillon until smooth. Gradually stir in the reserved cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with pepper. Yield: 4 cups.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC