Thanksgiving Cabbage Salad Recipe
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 6 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a small bowl, combine apples and lemon juice. In another bowl, combine the cream, sugar, cumin seeds, salt and pepper; gradually whisk in vinegar.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the green cabbage, red cabbage, cranberries and apples. Add dressing and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 150 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Thanksgiving Cabbage Salad
"I don't like cumin even though cumin seeds are very healthy but, they don't sit well with me. So I left them out.Although the small cumin seed looks rather unassuming, its nutty peppery flavor packs a punch when it comes to adding a nutty and peppery flavor to chili and other Mexican and Tex-Mex dishes as well playing an important role in Indian and Middle Eastern cuisine where it is a key component of curry powder."
"BAD :oP I wouldn't even give it one star but I had to in order to submit."
"Enjoyed this salad however the 2 tablespoons of Cumin seed was not a flavor I really enjoyed. The cranberries were great in the salad. I do like a coleslaw with more of a vinegar/oil base. Bright and colorful."
"This sounds wonderful. Do you think I could make it today and put in fridge to serve tomorrow?Maybe I could put everything in except thr chopped apple and add it just before serving. Please let me know what you think. HAPPY Easter EVERYONE !"